We will take it… but only if it’s something you’d feel good about giving to a friend!
Please deliver your new and/or gently-used in-kind donations to the rear of the John and Penny White Volunteer Training Center (Building #3) on our Bethesda campus, 6301 Greentree Road, Bethesda, MD 20817.
We accept donations on the following days:
- Monday ~ Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* *After business hours, please put your items in the donations bin behind Building #3.
Have furniture you’d like to donate that needs to be picked up? Schedule your pick up online or by calling Jermaine Lemons at (240)743-7252.
SORRY! NCCF will not accept any item that is soiled, torn, damaged, or creates a financial or administrative burden to the agency. We do not have funds to repair, clean, or dispose of items that are not usable. Our pick-up area is limited to Montgomery County only!
NOTE: During the months of November and December, NCCF only accepts holiday wish list items for our residents. We cannot accommodate furniture pick up or gently used goods during that time.
NCCF gladly accepts the following usable items
*Items in bold are in high demand.
- Televisions, VCR, DVD (no console televisions)
- Toasters, can openers
- Radios, stereo systems
- Electric fry pans, sauce pans
- Mixers, blenders
- Vacuum cleaners
- Table fans (no ceiling fans)
- Coffee pots
Automobiles (NO manual transmissions)
- Less than 10 years old, in working order, and able to be driven off our property
Clothing & Accessories
please dry clean or wash the items prior to donation)
- Seasonally appropriate clothes for men, women, children, and infants
- Shoes, handbags, and accessories
COMPUTERS (ONLY these types)
Please delete all personal information from the hard drive!!!
- CPU: minimum 2.0 GZ
- RAM: 256 MB or more
- Hard Disk: 40 GB or more
- Video card: Standard (168MB video RAM)
- CD-ROM: Standard
- Network Card: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet card
- Dining tables & chairs
- Bedroom furniture (twin, full, queen only)
- Infant furniture (including cribs-manufactured after 2005, carriages, strollers, highchairs, bassinets, wardrobes)
- Sheets, pillowcases, mattress pads (no used pillows)
- Blankets, comforters
- Curtains, drapes
- Towels, washcloths
- Cookware (please give kitchen knives to the receptionist for safety reasons)
- Dishes, silverware, glassware
- Pictures/framed artwork
- Unopened personal hygiene products
- School supplies
- Unopened cleaning supplies
- Infant supplies (diapers, wipes, powder, lotion, etc.)
- Party supplies
- Books (No textbooks or encyclopedias)
- Sports equipment
SORRY, but we cannot use:
- Used undergarments
- Food that is not prepared in a licensed kitchen
- Child car safety seats that are more than 2 years old, have cracks in the frame, have no label or model number, no instructions, or are missing parts
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, magazines
- Air conditioners, dehumidifiers or hot water heaters
- Bathroom fixtures
- Carpet remnants
- Coil springs
- Expired food or cleaning products
- Free weight
- Filing cabinets without locks/keys
- Open paint containers (left over paint)
- Pet supplies
- Pool tables and patio furniture
- Used pillows
- Used medical equipment
- Built-in appliances, refrigerators, freezers, and stoves
- Window screens
- Scrap metal, lumber or used building supplies
- Ski equipment
- Sofa beds
- Washers and dryers
- Console televisions
- Cribs manufactured before 2005 (NO drop down cribs!)
If you have any questions, please call the Jermaine Lemons, In-Kind Manager at (240) 743-7252.