IFC provides safety and permanency to children, youth and families who have experienced trauma, which is essential to increasing their stability and self-sufficiency.
The Innovative Family Connections Program (IFC) provides comprehensive care to families who are under the supervision of the DC Superior Court due to child abuse and neglect. Services include therapeutic foster care, family reunification, guardianship and adoption, housing and family counseling, mentoring and tutoring, in-home services, and birth parent advocacy. IFC is the second largest provider of foster care in the District of Columbia, currently serving over 200 children in foster homes and in the community.
For more information, or if you are interested in learning more about becoming a foster parent, please contact the Foster Parent Coordinator at (202) 396-9330 or complete the Foster Parent Interest Form.
- Case management services
- Pre-service and in-service foster parent training
- Respite care
- Foster parent support groups
- In-home crisis intervention
- 24-hour on-call staff support
- Permanency planning and advocacy
- Psychiatrist consultation treatment and medication management
- Educational advocacy and support
- Recreational activities
- Resource referrals
- Family group conferencing
- Birth parent advocacy