GTFC provides safety and permanency to children, youth, and families who have experienced trauma, which is essential to increasing their stability and self-sufficiency.
The Greenleaf Treatment Foster Care Program (GTFC) has served abused and neglected youth and their families for more than 17 years. The Maryland program helps youth successfully reach their permanency goals, including reunification with their biological families, adoption, and gaining independence. A number of youth have exited the program as young adults and joined the United States military, entered college or a vocational program, and/or joined the workforce. GTFC works diligently to find loving homes for children with therapeutic needs between the ages of 0 and 21. The program is designed to provide professional services to youth who often present with a history of behavioral, mental health, and familial and academic challenges, while maintaining a stable home environment.
GTFC is always looking for new foster parents who are able to provide a loving and stable home for youth in care. If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, please contact the Foster Parent Coordinator at (202) 396-9330 or complete the Foster Parent Interest Form.
- In-home therapy and case management services
- Pre-service and in-service foster parent training
- Respite care
- Foster parent support groups
- In-home crisis intervention
- 24-hour on-call staff support
- Permanency planning and advocacy
- Psychiatrist consultation treatment and medication management
- Educational advocacy and support
- Recreational activities
- Resource referrals
- Family group conferencing
- Birth parent advocacy